Assistant Academic Support Librarian
12 September 2022 23:55
You'll contribute to the development and delivery of high quality and customer-focused library services which support the academic activities of the University and its constituent Colleges.
The key components of the role are:
- Contributing to the development and delivery of high quality and customer-focused library services which support the academic activities of the University and its constituent Colleges.
- Being responsible for academic support for select courses within London College of Communication, and participating in the promotion of resources, collections and services through effective academic liaison and information dissemination.
- Establishing constructive working relationships with staff responsible for curriculum development and the delivery of courses.
- Assisting in the provision of enquiry services and develop learning materials which encourage the use of resources and services.
- Working in the Customer Services team.
You will be working Monday - Friday, including a requirement to work until 6.15pm once a week.
University of the Arts London (UAL) is recognised around the world as a leading institution for teaching and research in arts, design, fashion, communication and the performing arts.
Library Services is a University wide department delivering high quality services in support of teaching, learning and research.
For the fourth year running, University of the Arts London is the world’s second University for Art and Design in the QS World University Rankings® 2022. Our diverse and talented community comprises over 5,000 academic, professional, and technical staff. Together we are committed to social purpose. This includes creating a better a more sustainable world and championing race equality.
We are looking for someone with a degree level qualification and relevant work experience. A recognised library qualification or relevant experience in other education or information roles and related disciplines is desirable (e.g. CILIP accreditation, non-academic library or archives experience, NVQs or apprenticeship, library or teaching postgraduate cert/dip/MA/MSc). You will have an enthusiasm for delivering an imaginative, student-centred service and an awareness of inclusion and diversity work in libraries.
In return, University of the Arts London offers generous leave, an attractive pension and a commitment to your continuing personal development and training in an environment that encourages excellence, creativity, and diversity.
If you have any queries about this role, please contact Jaspreet Kaur, Resourcing Adviser via email at Educationstaffrecruitment@arts.ac.uk or 020 7514 9627.
UAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive environments for all staff and students to work and learn – a university where we can be ourselves and reach our full potential. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and Staff Support Networks. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, including race, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring responsibility.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early.
This opportunity is closed to applications.