Front End Developer
16 August 2019 23:55
University of the Arts London (UAL) is a vibrant world centre for innovation, drawing together six Colleges with international reputations in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts.
We provide transformative education and world-leading research and enterprise. We are at the centre of public debate for the future of arts, design, fashion and communication and an inspirational environment for students, staff and wider communities.
We have around 20,000 students and 5,000 staff based across London.
We are engaged in a number of major change programmes over the next five years. This includes building moves for two of our largest colleges, London College of Communication and London College of Fashion.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer embracing diversity in all areas of activity.
As a Front End Developer, you will have proven experience of delivering solutions on a variety of digital web platforms. You will have a detailed knowledge of developing digital user interfaces that enhance the user experience.
Essential skills include:
- Expert knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and related technologies.
- Familiarity with Bootstrap or Foundation frameworks
- Working knowledge of CSS pre-processing platforms SASS
- Understanding of modern web development process using Node.js, WebPack, Composer etc
- Practiced in client-side performance and cross browser compatibility
- Exposure to PHP, MySQL and WordPress development
- Understanding of source control using Github.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of web accessibility policies (WCAG 2.0).
Previous applicants need not apply.
UAL is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive university - a place where we all can be ourselves and reach our full potential in our work, learning and creative practice. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and Staff Support Networks. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, including race, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring responsibility.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early.
This opportunity is closed to applications.