As part of our continued improvement plan for Information Services, UAL are seeking to invest in an experienced SharePoint Administrator who will support the University’s Microsoft SharePoint platforms and to administer, customize and develop them during times of change and service improvement. You will provide specialist technical support to the Web Services team by supporting, maintaining and configuring SharePoint environments and associated applications. You will ensure release processes and procedures are maintained, enabling the smooth transition into operations.
You will help promote the use of SharePoint across the university, providing support, best practice and training when required.
The University of the Arts London is one of the top six universities in the world for art and design and comprises of six globally renowned colleges. It is a highly desirable and varied place of work and requires an innovative, high performing IT service to deliver to this highly creative community.
The University supports around 20,000 students and 5,000 staff based across 14 sites in the heart of London. The University is going through a time of change and redevelopment over the next five years and aims to improve a number of areas such as user experience, digital services and relocation/expansion to its newly built state of the art campuses.
- Experience of managing, supporting and maintaining SharePoint online and server platforms
- Experience in the administration of SharePoint including site and site collection management, application security, server shared services, search administration and workflow management would be advantageous
- ITIL best practice, in particular incident, problem and change management would be advantageous
- Experience of producing technical documentation and problem solving is required
- You will be a self-motivated and dynamic individual who is able to be adaptable, flexible and able to adjust to new situations and environments
- Effective oral and written communication skills ,with a logical and sensible approach to tasks
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels, including the ability to communicate complex technical information to non-technical audiences
As an employer of choice the University of the Arts London offers an extensive benefits package including:
- Competitive salary package of £33,653-£43,550 dependent on experience
- 31 days annual leave (inclusive of days between Christmas and New Year when it closes) plus public holidays
- Competitive pension package
- A healthy work-life balance for all employees
Please note that the recruitment for this role is being managed by our IT recruitment partner Hays – to apply for this role click on the following link and submit your details and CV via the Hays UAL IT opportunities microsite:
Candidates are advised to submit applications early to avoid disappointment as we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date.
This opportunity is closed to applications.