Senior Test Analyst (2)
Working with the Test Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that the new student system and its interfaces are fully tested through all stages of the programme and beyond once it is integrated fully into the University. You will help drive best practice and awareness across the University to achieve continued delivery against timescales on this significant system integration programme.
The University of the Arts London (UAL) is one of the top 6 universities in the world for art and design and comprises 6 globally renowned Colleges. It is a highly desirable and varied place to work and requires an innovative, high performing IT service to deliver to this highly creative community. UAL supports around 20,000 students and 5,000 staff based across 14 sites in the heart of London.
The University is currently going through a period of ambitious change and redevelopment, in line with its 2015-2022 strategy, and the Programmes and Projects Team within IT Services is growing to meet the ambitions of the University. As a result, they are investing in a Next Generation Student System programme which is transforming processes and systems for the student administrative journey.
As a skilled Senior Test Analyst you will be responsible for the functional and non-functional testing of this multifunctional COTS system and its interfaces with UAL’s existing systems.
You will be responsible for co-ordinating UAT, integration and data migration. You will support the Test Manager to ensure best practice and QA principles are applied throughout the test lifecycle.
- Experience of functional , non-functional, integration, QA and UAT testing is required
- Proven experience in a Senior or Lead Test role with the ability to mentor, co-ordinate and support users for UAT, whilst improving testing awareness and best practice
- Experience across the full test life cycle including test strategies, analysis, execution, managing and reporting
- Experience of ITIL/ Lean principles would be advantageous
- An understanding of Waterfall and Agile principles are required ideally working in a busy project environment
- An understanding of Risk based testing and defect management would be beneficial
- Experience of Jira and Automation testing would be advantageous
- A dynamic individual with the strong ability to communicate at all levels, able to challenge and influence others, develop and maintain collaborative working relations across IT and non-technical departments
- High level, proven inter-personal skills with a good attention to detail
As an employer of choice UAL offers an extensive benefits package including:
- Competitive salary package of £37,265-£48,402 dependent on experience
- 34 days annual leave, plus public holidays
- Competitive pension package
- A healthy work-life balance for all employees
Please note that the recruitment for this role is being managed by our IT recruitment partner Hays – to apply for this role click on the following link and submit your details and CV via the Hays UAL IT opportunities microsite:
Candidates are advised to submit applications early to avoid disappointment as we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date.
This opportunity is closed to applications.