As a passionate and driven Business Analyst you will work directly with key stakeholders across the university to understand existing and future business requirements. You will review systems and processes to help define how changes to IT services can be successfully and consistently delivered to add value to the organisation.
You will be involved with the full project life cycle from inception through to completion and will gather requirements, analyse and produce detailed process maps, and deliver functional and non-functional specifications. You will assist in the successful embedding of change within the organisation whilst encouraging and promoting best practice across the project and analysis team.
The University Of The Arts London (UAL) is one of the top 5 universities in the world for art and design and comprises of 6 globally renowned Colleges. It is a highly desirable and varied place to work and requires an innovative, high performing IT service to deliver to this highly creative community.
UAL supports around 20,000 students and 5,000 staff based across 14 sites in the heart of London. The University is currently going through a period of ambitious change and redevelopment, in line with the 2015-2022 strategy, and the Programmes and Projects Team within IT Services is growing to meet the ambitions of the University. As a result, this is an exciting time to join an expanding team that is tasked with delivering a wide range of high-profile strategic projects.
- Experience as a Business Analyst in the full project life cycle from inception through to completion, including project initiation, process and requirements analysis, testing, and transition to live activities
- Demonstrable experience of the use of core business analysis tools and techniques including workshop facilitation, process mapping and requirements elicitation and documentation
- Experience in successfully influencing changes in current practices to support business benefits
- Experience of working with methodologies such as waterfall and agile
- You will be a self-motivated and dynamic individual who is adaptable, flexible and able to adjust to a new situations and environments
- ISEB Business Analysis and/or Project Management methodologies such as Prince 2 qualifications are desirable but not essential
- It is essential that you are able to communicate ideas clearly and persuasively, and can present compelling arguments both written and oral
- You will have experience in building good relationships at all levels across stakeholder groups and partner organisations to enable the smooth delivery of business change
- You will be able to work effectively in cross-functional teams including with business and technical stakeholders
As an employer of choice the University of the Arts London offers an extensive benefits package including:
- Competitive salary package of £37,265 – £48,402 dependent on experience
- 34 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Competitive pension package
- A healthy work-life balance for all employees
Please note that the recruitment for this role is being managed by our IT recruitment partner Hays – to apply for this role click on the following link and submit your details and CV via the Hays UAL IT opportunities microsite:
Candidates are advised to submit applications early to avoid disappointment as we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date.
This opportunity is closed to applications.