Lecturer Illustration & Visual Media (Critical Digital Design & Image Making)
The Design School at the London College of Communication is looking to recruit a Lecturer in Illustration with a focus on Critical Digital Design & Image Making.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with a critical approach to computational and generative processes and techniques applied in visual culture (and their wider social and cultural impact) to contribute to the future facing development of the Interaction & Visual Communication programme.
As a lecturer within the I&VC programme, you will be responsible for contributing to and developing the critical digital design direction of the BA Illustration. You will bring research and/or industry experience, and teaching experience at undergraduate level You will manage and participate in the delivery of innovative teaching as well as making a significant contribution to pedagogic delivery, assessment, quality management and recruitment.
The appointed candidate will work under the direction of the Course Leader for Illustration as well as alongside the other lecturers to deliver the validated courses as well as contributing to School, College and University initiatives including research.
Purpose of Role:
To be responsible to the Course Leaders for:
• Developing with colleagues across the courses the distinctive approach to the critical digital design and image within the I&VC programme at undergraduate (and postgraduate) level.
• Undertaking teaching, unit management, curriculum development and research within the subject specialism of critical digital design and image making.
• Providing course level expertise in relevant software and programming languages in addition to providing relevant digital pedagogy across a range of visual practice.
• Developing together with the team across the courses innovative and engaging units, lectures and seminars, contributing significantly to course development, assessment and review
• Contributing to and take responsibility for the learning, teaching and assessment of students, providing academic and pastoral support as necessary, monitoring student progress and maintaining appropriate records.
If you would like further details please contact the programme director Dr Eva Verhoeven: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re looking for a candidate with relevant undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications within the area of Illustration – Critical Digital Design & Image Making. You will have knowledge of delivering innovative projects in a professional and/or academic environment and experience of a range of specialist skills and techniques, including research skills.
As an academic, previous experience of curriculum development experience is desired in addition to experience of academic research. We will expect you to have a National/International reputation for research and/or practice in Illustration, computational processes applied in visual culture and their wider social and cultural implications.
The successful candidate should possess good interpersonal skills and be an innovative teacher. Candidates should demonstrate subject knowledge as well as skills relevant to subject development within an academic, research and professional context.
If you have any general queries, you may contact Lesley Wilkins, Staffing Administrator, email@example.com or telephone: 020 7514 7985
Candidates are advised to submit applications early to avoid disappointment as we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date.
This opportunity is closed to applications.