Portfolio Management Office (PMO) Administrator
13 February 2019 23:55
Responsible for the provision of PMO administrative services across the portfolio of programmes and projects. Supporting the Programmes and Projects Team with administrative tasks aiding the smooth delivery of programmes and projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to programmes and projects including booking programme and project board meetings, workshops and team meetings ensuring they run smoothly and all equipment and catering required for the meetings is available. Accurately record minutes for programme and project meetings.
- Manage documentation on SharePoint and shared drives which are used to support the delivery of programmes and projects, ensuring all key documents are stored centrally.
- Ensure all team members are aware of document storage standards.
- Develop materials for team and departmental away days and write up of away day outputs.
- Maintain formatting in line with feedback for programme and project templates.
- Organise collaborative workshops which promote the use of the agreed PMO processes and procedures.
- Develop and continuously improve knowledge of standard portfolio, programme and project management tools, processes, standards and templates.
- Develop and maintain induction packs for new starters on the Project Management Framework.
- Undertake procurement activities on behalf of the team or department including raising and tracking purchase orders.
- Demonstrate a commitment to your own development through effective use of the University’s appraisal scheme and staff development processes.
- Undertake health and safety duties and responsibilities appropriate to the post and ensure that satisfactory standards of health, safety and security are maintained in accordance with the University’s legal requirements.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the University’s Equal Opportunities Policy, together with an understanding of how it operates within the responsibilities of this post.
- Perform such duties consistent with your position as may from time to time be assigned to you anywhere within the University.
The University of The Arts London (UAL) is one of the top 6 universities in the world for art and design and comprises of 6 globally renowned Colleges. It is a highly desirable and varied place to work and requires an innovative, high performing IT service to deliver to this highly creative community.
UAL supports around 20,000 students and 5,000 staff based across 14 sites in the heart of London. The University is currently going through a period of ambitious change and redevelopment, in line with the 2015-2022 strategy, and the Programmes and Projects Team within IT Services is growing to meet the ambitions of the University. As a result, this is an exciting time to join an expanding team that is tasked with delivering a wide range of high-profile strategic projects.
- Experience supporting meetings and organising workshops
- Experience of purchasing goods and raising purchase orders
- Knowledge of document management
- Experience of diary management
- Essential to have knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint and excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Desirable to have knowledge of projects environments
- Communicates effectively orally, in writing and/or using visual media
- Plans, prioritises and organises work to achieve objectives on time
- Works collaboratively in a team and where appropriate across or with different professional groups
- Uses initiative or creativity to resolve problems
Please note that the recruitment for this role is being managed by our IT recruitment partner Hays – to apply for this role click on the following link and submit your details and CV via the Hays UAL IT opportunities microsite:
Candidates are advised to submit applications early.
This opportunity is closed to applications.