Academic Support Administrator (0.4)
13 February 2019 23:55
Key activities include:
- Providing administrative assistance to the UAL Academic Support team, for example clerking meetings, working flexibly and effectively with the Associate Dean of Academic Support’s PA, and with colleagues across Academic Support, Libraries and other services;
- Administer financial and staff records for the University-wide Academic Support team, such as preparing and sending out contracts for hourly paid staff, processing orders and expenses, maintaining records, and managing data for report production;
- Answering student queries and guiding them with due sensitivity and confidentiality to appropriate UAL services and resources;
- Organising workshops and other events, including room booking, communications with students and staff, collating and recording attendance and feedback;
- Assisting with Academic Support Online, including uploading resources, event details and registers, and helping to document events;
- Promoting Academic Support events and resources, and liaising as appropriate to produce timely internal information and updates for students and staff.
Important to note:
- As this post is part of a 0.8 post, it is undertaken on a job share basis, the remaining 0.4 role is not available for further job share;
- Preferred working days are Tuesday and Wednesday, although there may be some flexibility;
- The post is based with the other 0.4 post holder and is based in the Library office at the CSM campus at Kings Cross.
- The duties and responsibilities of the full 0.8 post are shared and negotiated as appropriate: the aspects most applicable to this half of the role are indicated above
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a 0.4 Academic Support Administrator within the University-wide Academic Support team.
The role provides a great opportunity to gain experience in a spectrum of communications, organizational and digital media skills, and to contribute to the development of University-wide Academic Support within a creative and supportive team.
You must have a degree or equivalent qualification, administrative experience, preferably in an academic higher education environment, work or study experience in the cultural/creative sector, strong communication and digital skills, commitment to inclusivity, and a collaborative approach.
If you have any queries you may contact ADS Recruitment Team via ADSRecruitment@arts.ac.uk or telephone: 020 7514 2965.
At UAL, everyone's identity matters. We are committed to creating a supportive and inclusive environment for all our diverse students, staff, and the creative and cultural sector partners with whom we engage. We aim to take every opportunity to progress equality and diversity, and celebrate the enrichment this brings to our community.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early to avoid disappointment as we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early.
This opportunity is closed to applications.