Lecturer in Fashion Product
21 February 2020 23:55
This is an exciting opportunity to actively contribute to the highly successful BA (Hons) Fashion Design and Development course, undertaking teaching, assessment and academic support role for design and development throughout the course. Working as part of a committed team, you will deliver seminars and workshops on the creative processes whilst supporting innovation and student success in the area of product design and development. It’s a chance to contribute to both research and design approaches within the course and wider College.
Ready to undertake teaching, assessment, unit management, curriculum development and research, you will provide pastoral and academic support to our diverse range of students. You will also build and refresh our links with those in professional practice and related industries.
University of the Arts London is a vibrant world centre for innovation, drawing together six Colleges with international reputations in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts.
London College of Fashion is extremely proud to be a global leader in fashion education, research and consultancy. Much of its success is down to its dedicated employees, and you will play an important role in shaping future creative professionals, and impact on the future of so many creative industries.
London College of Fashion, UAL is undertaking an unprecedented programme of change. In 2022 we will be consolidating our existing six sites into a new purpose built campus as part of a new education and cultural district on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. Ahead of this move, we welcome applications from candidates who live in and around East London, as well as from those keen to join us on this exciting and unique opportunity in our College’s history.
(Before completing an application form, candidates should please download the candidate information pack and the job description/person specification for the role and read the full list of requirements and selection criteria before applying as this will be the criteria on which your application will be assessed).
Requirements of the role:
· Relevant degree qualification in Fashion, Accessories or Product Development
· A postgraduate qualification is desirable
· Relevant professional experience within industry and higher education that demonstrates an ability to apply and share current knowledge and experience
· Communicates effectively orally and in writing adapting the message for a diverse audience in an inclusive and accessible way
· Motivates and leads a team effectively, setting clear objectives to manage performance
· Applies innovative approaches in teaching, learning or professional practice to support excellent teaching, pedagogy and inclusivity
· Applies own research to develop learning and assessment practice
· Contributes to advancing professional practice/research or scholarly activity in own area of specialism
· Plans, prioritises and manages resources effectively to achieve long term objectives
· Works collaboratively in a team and where appropriate across or with different professional groups
· Builds and maintains positive relationships with students or customers
· Suggests practical solutions to new or unique problems
Posting date – Friday, 24 January 2020
Closing date – Friday, 21 February 2020
If you have any queries you may contact the LCF Staffing Team, email: email@example.com.
UAL is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive university - a place where we all can be ourselves and reach our full potential in our work, learning and creative practice. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and Staff Support Networks. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, including race, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring responsibility.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early.
This opportunity is closed to applications.