Short Course Assistant
21 February 2020 23:55
The department of Academic Enterprise (AE) leads the University of the Arts London’s third stream income operations and is integral to the University’s long term development. Its mission is to increase the amount of income generated by the University from non-core teaching and research activities. It builds on, and includes, the successful UAL Short Courses Ltd (short courses), UAL Awarding Body, Study Abroad, the Language Centre, college and research based enterprise, business and innovation operations. Academic Enterprise not only integrates and bolsters a wide range of business and client facing work across the University but is also developing new products and services for new and existing markets.
Academic Enterprise is a successful, growing, department with a combined turnover of £32m in 2018/19, mostly from B2C activities. There are approximately 195 staff working in Academic Enterprise operations in all UAL’s colleges as well as central university services. Around 70,000 students study on short courses or qualifications offered by AE business units.
We are looking for a motivated individual to support the delivery of the Short Courses across the three colleges. You will have a knowledge of art and design materials and experience of working in a busy office environment and managing your own workload. Good communication skills and attention to detail are essential.
Specialist Knowledge/ Qualifications
- Knowledge of art and design materials. (essential)
- A high level of competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. (essential)
- Experience of setting up and troubleshooting audio visual equipment. (essential)
- Background in fashion, arts, design or communications (desirable)
- Administrative support in a busy customer focused environment. (essential)
- Liaising with external suppliers (essential)
- Stock checking and inventory (desirable)
- Manual Handling (desirable – training available)
- Experience of and understanding of the art and design FE and HE education system. (desirable)
- Communicates effectively orally, in writing and/or using visual media. (essential)
Planning and Managing Resources
Plans, prioritises and organises work to achieve objectives on time (essential)
Ability to work independently with attention to detail (essential)
- Works collaboratively in a team, across the university and with relevant professional groups (essential)
Student Experience or Customer Service
- Provides a positive and responsive student or customer service. Demonstrates diplomacy and empathy. (essential)
Creativity, Innovation and Problem Solving
- Uses initiative and creativity to investigate and resolve day-to-day problems (essential)
If you have any queries, you may contact email@example.com.
UAL is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive university - a place where we all can be ourselves and reach our full potential in our work, learning and creative practice. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and Staff Support Networks. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, including race, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring responsibility.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early.
This opportunity is closed to applications.