17 February 2020 23:55
The position forms an integral part of the central Accommodation Services team which processes applications, offers and acceptances for UAL halls of residence and provides information and advice on issues relating to student accommodation.
The purpose of the role:
- To provide room allocations support to the Allocations Coordinator throughout the year
- To provide excellent customer service to students, clients and business to business
- To assist and support the Accommodation team to provide administration on matters of accommodation to the University’s students, both current and prospective.
- To ensure the smooth running of the Accommodation Services central office
University of the Arts London is a vibrant world centre for innovation, drawing together six colleges with international reputations in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts. UAL is a world top-two university for art and design in the QS World University Rankings® 2019. We offer an extensive range of courses in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts. Our graduates go on to work in and shape the creative industries worldwide. Our research addresses local, national and global issues, in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework 83% of our research was rated world leading or internationally excellent.
Accommodation Services sit in the Operations and External Affairs department for University of Arts, London. The team is made up of in house Accommodation Advisors, a Private Accommodation Advisor, a 24-hour Residence team, a Social Programme, a Marketing team and a Summer Stays team. There are currently 3,200 rooms in 12 different halls of residences across London.
- Has relevant in depth and strong experience in administration and able to work independently and as part of a team (E)
- Degree or equivalent qualification (E)
- Project management or equivalent experience (D)
- Knowledge of Student Accommodation Sector (E)
- Demonstrate experience of allocating rooms to various student cohorts including bulk allocations and project managing various student cohorts (E)
- Demonstrative ability of interpersonal skills, with a customer-focussed approach and the ability to maintain confidentiality, acting with tact and diplomacy (E)
- Demonstrate ability to build and maintain positive relationships with students, parents, clients and business suppliers (E)
- Demonstrative ability of administration skills with ability to co-ordinate effectively and pay attention to detail (E)
- Demonstrate ability of devising, implementing and maintaining systems and processes (E)
- Demonstrate project management support (D)
- Demonstrate ability to document, review and maintain processes (E)
- Proficient in Excel Spreadsheets (including formatting), the Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, social media platforms and PowerPoint (presentation skills). Kinetix Solutions, WPM and Agresso Business World, SITS and SAMS (E)
- Communicates effectively orally, in writing and/or using visual media with a range of audiences (E)
- Sets, clear objectives to manage performance (E)
- Contributes to advancing professional practice/research or scholarly activity in own area of specialism (D)
- Plans, prioritises and organises work to achieve objectives on time (E)
- Works collaboratively in a team and where appropriate across or with different professional groups (E)
- Uses initiative or creativity to resolve problems (E)
Essential (E) Desirable (D)
If you have any queries, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
UAL is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive university - a place where we all can be ourselves and reach our full potential in our work, learning and creative practice. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and Staff Support Networks. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, including race, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring responsibility.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early.
This opportunity is closed to applications.