Student Recruitment Content Coordinator
19 July 2020 23:55
Student Marketing and Recruitment (SM&R) supports the achievement of UAL's pre-degree, undergraduate and postgraduate student enrolment targets across all subjects in the UK, EU and prioritised international markets.
The post-holder will be responsible for producing engaging student marketing and recruitment content for use across channels used by prospective students and their influencers. This includes print prospectuses, web, email and digital communications delivered at pre and post-application stages of the student journey.
As a key member of our content team, you’ll contribute to the development of content strategies and work closely with colleagues throughout Student Marketing and Recruitment and in our Colleges to ensure content and brand are used effectively in student recruitment initiatives.
In particular, you’ll play a key role in the development of our printed recruitment materials and associated campaigns, as well as digital recruitment projects such as our online prospectus and the redesign of the international section of our website.
University of the Arts London is a vibrant world centre for innovation, drawing together 6 Colleges with international reputations in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts. Every position within the University plays an important part in shaping future creative professionals and impacts on the future of so many creative industries.
This role will contribute to the successful delivery of UAL's student recruitment strategy through the provision of engaging content aimed at prospective students. This varied, creative role will provide opportunities to work across a wide range of projects, from our printed student recruitment materials to content for websites and social media. All colleagues are encouraged to apply their creativity, experience and expertise to push boundaries and be a part of a positive change.
You’ll have a strong understanding of current digital media, tools, and technologies, an appreciation of high print production values as well as a strong eye for design, excellent project management and copywriting skills. You'll be a team player who can enhance projects through a broad understanding of content production whilst bringing key unique strengths to the table.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Work collaboratively across the SMR department to produce and source engaging student marketing and recruitment content for use across all channels used by prospective students and their influencers. This includes print prospectuses, web, email and digital communications delivered at pre and post-application stages of the student journey.
- Manage content projects from conception to completion and ensure outcomes are measured and reported against agreed aims.
- Play a lead role in the development of our suite of recruitment materials (e.g. Undergraduate Prospectus, Postgraduate Guide, UCAS stand and International Guide) and associated campaigns, including project management, liaising with agencies and printers, editing and writing content, campaign planning and design work as required.
- Work with the UAL digital team on the development of key digital recruitment projects, such as our international student webpages and online prospectus, including project management, user testing, content production and analysis.
- Research, collate, commission, write, edit and proofread copy and source images for the website, publications and other student marketing and recruitment content, as required.
- Play a key role in the production of photography and/or videos aimed at prospective students and their influencers,.
- Collaborate and build strong working relationships with agency partners and freelancers
- Act as a brand champion for UAL, ensuring that content used for student recruitment is fully compliant with brand guidelines.
Essential skills include:
- Degree level qualification in arts, design, marketing, communication, journalism or a relevant field.
- Demonstrable interest in the creative sector
- Considerable experience of managing creative marketing and communication projects
- Experience of developing and delivering multichannel creative content, including asset gathering, design, film, photography and copywriting
- Knowledge of print, film/video, photography, and digital media and how to use these most effectively to reach and engage audiences
- Solid understanding of the print production process
- Knowledge or appreciation of graphic design and/or publishing
- Excellent copywriting skills and the ability to explain complex information in simple language.
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience of working with external agencies and creative suppliers
- Experience of working within higher education or other education environment.
In your application you will be asked to complete a personal statement. Applications will only be considered from those who outline how they meet the criteria within the formal job description.
Posting date - 18 June 2020
Closing date - 19 July 2020
If you have any queries you may contact ADS Recruitment Team via email ADSstaffrecruitment@arts.ac.uk or telephone: 020 7514 2965
UAL is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive university - a place where we all can be ourselves and reach our full potential in our work, learning and creative practice. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and Staff Support Networks. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, including race, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring responsibility.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early.