Lecturer in Fashion Public Relations and Communication
10 July 2020 23:55
London College of Fashion, UAL is undertaking an unprecedented programme of change. In 2023 we will be consolidating our existing six sites into a new purpose built campus as part of a new education and cultural district on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. Ahead of this move, we welcome applications from candidates who live in and around East London, as well as from those keen to join us on this exciting and unique opportunity in our College’s history.
The post-holder will be expected to undertake:
- Responsibility for a year group of undergraduate students’ pastoral support, progress and attendance, maintaining records and liaising with colleagues.
- Pedagogic and curriculum development that stimulate thought and practice that challenge the subject area with the aim of promoting diversity and inclusivity.
- The role of a mental health first aider and maintain up to date knowledge of the support and provision of academic and student support.
- The coordination of key activities as relevant to a particular year group/ level of study.
Requirements of the role:
- Undergraduate degree in Fashion Public Relations and Communications or associated subject.
- Higher degree (e.g. MA) in Fashion Public Relations and Communications or associated subject (Desirable)
- PhD or Higher level research degree (Desirable).
- Teaching qualification (PG Cert or equivalent) (Desirable).
- Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (Desirable).
- Teaching & assessment in a Higher Education environment (permanent, fractional, or hourly paid contract).
- Applies an inquiring, innovative and reflexive approach to teaching.
- Considers equality, diversity and inclusivity in all aspects of teaching practice.
- Shows commitment to understanding the range of students’ experiences within a course.
- Collaborates and works effectively within team and across professional groups.
- Ability to work effectively and respectfully with a wide range of people.
- Evidence of research, knowledge exchange and/ or professional practice that contributes to the advancement of fashion public relations and communication practice and is relevant to the goals of the Programme, College and University.
- Evidence of using contacts within subject peer group to develop partnerships or collaborations.
- Plans, prioritises and manages resources effectively to achieve objectives.
If you have any queries you may contact the LCF Staffing Team, email: email@example.com.
UAL is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive university - a place where we all can be ourselves and reach our full potential in our work, learning and creative practice. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and Staff Support Networks. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, including race, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring responsibility.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early.
This opportunity is closed to applications.