Lecturer Certificate in Higher Education: Preparation for Design, Media and Screen
6 July 2020 09:35
Preparation for Design, Media and Screen is an innovative studio 30-week course for International students with an award of a Level 4 Certificate in Higher Education (Cert HE). As a 0.6 FTE Lecturer on this course you will work closely with the Course Leader and other members of staff in enhancing the student learning experience and contributing to the academic development of the course.
You will be able to contribute to the overall requirements for teaching and unit management from Design, Media and Screen specialisms as required including studio units, academic support and practice based contextual and theoretical studies across Design, Media and Screen.
The candidate will have to be able to support learners through their independent study and be able to engage with a wide range of self-initiated projects. The course prides itself on teaching design, media and screen principles unconstrained by communication platforms however a knowledge of software supporting design, media and screen will be an advantage.
- We are looking for an inspirational lecturer with experience in teaching at further and higher education level.
- Extensive subject knowledge of visual communication/graphic communication/ and typography within an analogue and digital context.
- Ability to teach practice based Contextual and Theoretical Studies units across Design, Media and Screen.
- Work effectively within a team, inspire both colleagues and students and be able to deliver creatively to a diverse and large cohort of international students.
- A detailed understanding and experience of up-to-date teaching methods is essential, complemented by excellent administrative and organisational skills.
If you have any general queries, you may contact Lesley Wilkins, Staffing Administrator, email@example.com
UAL is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive university - a place where we all can be ourselves and reach our full potential in our work, learning and creative practice. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and Staff Support Networks. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, including race, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring responsibility.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early.
This opportunity is closed to applications.