Educational Developer (Reward and Recognition)
14 October 2020 23:55
- Working to deliver UAL’s HEA accredited continuing professional development programme (Professional Recognition Programme). To include:
- Leading on the reaccreditation of UAL’s HEA accredited CPD Professional Recognition Programme
- Supporting Colleges with setting and meeting Fellowship targets.
- Establishing and maintaining group networks, and providing individual mentoring for HEA Fellowship claims up to Senior Fellow.
- Developing and maintaining a new VLE to support preparation of HEA Fellowship claims.
- Reviewing Fellowship claims and making professional recognition recommendations [dialogues].
- Preparation for Professional Recognition Programme review panels.
- Supporting UAL Thinking Teaching programme designed for UAL staff new to teaching, along with associated application for Associate Fellowship of the HEA.
- Supporting the annual training programme for new HEA Fellowship mentors and reviewers.
- Co-ordinating an annual CPD event to recognise staff achievement.
- Liaison with Advance HE and appropriate UAL HR liaisons.
- Teaching and assessing on Exchange academic programmes: Thinking Teaching, PgCert and MA Academic Practice in Art, Design and Communication.
- Attending academic programme-related meetings, examination boards and staff development as required.
- Working alongside the Arts Students’ Union to co-ordinate UAL’s student-led teaching awards.
- Mentoring UAL Teaching Scholars, Sabbatical awardees and Teaching and Learning Fund holders to complete and disseminate teaching enhancement projects.
- Contributing to individual and group-based research or scholarly activity
Postgraduate degree (preferably in the arts, humanities, education or social sciences).
Postgraduate qualification in Higher Education Teaching & Learning/Academic Practice or equivalent.
Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Highly familiar with the UKPSF and range of evidence required for HEA Fellowship recognition.
Theoretical and practical knowledge relating to professionalism in higher education, leadership, and reflective practice.
Teaching and assessing in Higher Education.
Supporting academic development of staff.
Extensive experience of reviewing HEA Fellowship claims.
Communicates effectively orally and in writing, adapting the message for a diverse audience in an inclusive and accessible way
Motivates academic and senior staff to engage with professional reward and recognition initiatives.
Leading relevant fellowship projects
Applies innovative approaches to their leadership role to support excellent teaching, pedagogy, and inclusivity. This includes applying own research or scholarship to develop educational development practices
Contributes to advancing professional practice in own area of specialism
Planning and managing resources:
Plans, prioritises and manages resources effectively to achieve long term objectives.
Managing work load to meet tight deadlines
Builds and maintains professional networks, and fosters constructive cross-team collaboration
Suggests practical solutions to new or unique problems.
If you have any queries contact ADS Recruitment Team via email ADSstaffRecruitment@arts.ac.uk or telephone: 02075142965 / 9627
UAL is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive university - a place where we all can be ourselves and reach our full potential in our work, learning and creative practice. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and Staff Support Networks. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, including race, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring responsibility.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early.