Supply Chain Sustainability Research & Development Project Lead (BFTT Partnership) - Segura Systems Ltd.
26 April 2020 23:55
This post is an exciting opportunity for a Post Graduate, or Post-Doctoral Researcher (or equivalent demonstrable industry / research experience) to work as the Research & Development (R&D) Project Lead, facilitating a novel collaborative project between the Centre for Circular Design (UAL) and Segura Systems Ltd.
The successful candidate will work with the management, R&D and commercial teams at Segura Systems Ltd, who combine digital expertise with detailed knowledge of global supply chains in order to create a simple-to-use businesses solutions, and research experts in sustainability, materials and circular design at the Centre for Circular Design in University of the Arts London.
The Segura Systems project has been awarded funding within the BFTT R&D SME Support Programme. The BFTT R&D SME Programme aims to foster a creative business development culture which will enable fashion, textile and technology SMEs to thrive using bespoke R&D as a mechanism for innovation and growth.
The principal aim of the project is to work on determining the sustainability criteria, data and processes that will be required to develop a Sustainable Supplier Marketplace (SSM) focussed on enabling the evaluation of suppliers’ operational efficiency, ethical and environmental performance.
This is a key role for the project and requires an experienced researcher with appropriate industry experience in environmental and ethical sustainability & systems thinking and/or retail/supply chain ethical trading, and an interest and/or experience in applied and collaborative research. The role also requires excellent organisational and project management skills.
- PG or Doctoral qualification in the area of sustainability assessment & certification, retail and supply chain transparency OR equivalent and relevant research and/or industry experience. (essential)
- Comprehensive knowledge of fashion/textile supply chain, sustainability related standards and legislation gained through research and/or relevant R&D industry work. (desirable)
- Good knowledge of design thinking and/or service design. (desirable)
- Experience related to supply chain environmental & ethical assessment AND/OR experience related to fashion/textiles supply chains, circularity, and sustainable design. (essential)
- Experience of working with digital tools/ methods. (desirable)
- Experience of working within an entrepreneurial environment and with an interest in technological innovation. (desirable)
- Experience of undertaking research and/or R&D with external collaborators. (desirable)
- Excellent organisational and project management skills. (essential)
If you have any queries you may contact ADS Recruitment Team via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 020 7514 2965 /6685.
UAL is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive university - a place where we all can be ourselves and reach our full potential in our work, learning and creative practice. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and Staff Support Networks. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, including race, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring responsibility.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early.