Lecturer in Fashion Communication and Innovation
8 April 2020 23:55
University of the Arts London is a vibrant world centre for innovation, drawing together six Colleges with international reputations in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts.
London College of Fashion is extremely proud to be a global leader in fashion education, research and consultancy. Much of its success is down to its dedicated employees, and you will play an important role in shaping future creative professionals, and impact on the future of so many creative industries.
London College of Fashion, UAL is undertaking an unprecedented programme of change. In 2022 we will be consolidating our existing six sites into a new purpose built campus as part of a new education and cultural district on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. Ahead of this move, we welcome applications from candidates who live in and around East London, as well as from those keen to join us on this exciting and unique opportunity in our College’s history.
(Before completing an application form, candidates should please download the candidate information pack and the job description/person specification for the role and read the full list of requirements and selection criteria before applying as this will be the criteria on which your application will be assessed).
Requirements of the role:
- Undergraduate degree in Creative Direction, UI/UX/
- Experience Design, Communication or associated subject.
- Higher degree (e.g. MA) in Creative Direction,
- Communication Design, UX/UI/Experience Design or associated subject (desirable).
- PhD or Higher level research degree (desirable).
- Teaching qualification (PG Cert or equivalent) (desirable).
- Member of the Higher Education Academy (desirable).
- Experience of teaching & assessment in a higher education environment (permanent, fractional, or hourly paid contract).
- Applies an inquiring, innovative and reflexive approach to teaching.
- Considers equality, diversity and inclusivity in all aspects of teaching and assessment.
- Shows commitment to understanding the range of students’ experiences within a course.
- Collaborates and works effectively within team and across different professional groups.
- Works effectively and respectfully with a wide range of people.
- Evidence of research, knowledge exchange and/ or professional practice that contributes to the advancement of creative direction activity and is relevant to the goals of the Programme, College and University.
- Evidence of using contacts within subject peer group to develop partnerships or collaboration.
- Plans, prioritises and manages resources effectively to achieve objectives.
Posting date – Monday, 09 March 2020
Closing date – Wednesday, 08 April 2020
Should you have any queries please contact the Recruitment Team via email on email@example.com
UAL is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive university - a place where we all can be ourselves and reach our full potential in our work, learning and creative practice. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and Staff Support Networks. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, including race, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring responsibility.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early.
This opportunity is closed to applications.