Project Manager (x2)
In this role you will:
- Be a pragmatic and delivery focused Project Manager who, working across a large stakeholder community, will manage a range of IT and business change projects
- Manage projects from conception through to implementation with a variety of budgets and duration
- Build key relationships with business users to determine how best to implement technology solutions and changes in services across this changing IT landscape
- Work with the programme management team to drive continuous improvement and implement best practice and industry standards to help create a high performing project and programme team
The University of the Arts London (UAL) is one of the top 5 universities in the world for art and design and comprises 6 globally renowned Colleges. It is a highly desirable and varied place to work and requires an innovative, high performing IT service to deliver to this highly creative community. UAL supports around 20,000 students and 5,000 staff based across 14 sites in the heart of London.
The University is currently going through a period of ambitious change and redevelopment, in line with its 2015-2022 strategy, and the Programmes and Projects Team within IT Services is growing to meet the ambitions of the University. As a result, this is an exciting time to join an expanding team that is tasked with delivering a wide range of high-profile strategic projects in such areas as user experience, digital services, student record system replacement and CRM.
- Proven experience of managing full project lifecycle within a complex IT environment from inception through to implementation, including change management
- Experience of managing IT and business change projects within a fast-paced, delivery focussed enterprise environment using a variety of methodologies and techniques including Prince2 and Agile
- Project Management methodologies such as Prince 2/APM or Agile qualifications are desirable but not essential
- Strong project planning and management experience including estimating, resource and budget management
- Experience of creating and managing virtual project teams with members from within and outside the organisation including technical members
- Proven experience in building strong relationships across organisation boundaries and stakeholder groups, including internal and external partners, to enable the smooth delivery of complex IT projects
- You will be a self-motivated and dynamic individual who is able to engage, challenge and influence others, to develop and maintain collaborative working relations across IT and non-IT departments
- High level, proven inter-personal and communication skills are essential, as is the ability to work effectively within a team of IT professionals
- You will be able to work effectively in cross-functional teams including with business and technical stakeholders
- It is essential that you are able to communicate ideas clearly and persuasively, and can present compelling arguments both written and oral
As an employer of choice UAL offers an extensive benefits package including:
- Competitive salary package of £43,961-£59,010 dependent on experience
- 34 days annual leave, plus public holidays
- Competitive pension package
- A healthy work-life balance for all employees
Please note that the recruitment for this role is being managed by our IT recruitment partner Hays – to apply for this role click on the following link and submit your details and CV via the Hays UAL IT opportunities microsite: http://www.hays.co.uk/jobs/university-of-the-arts-london/job-opportunities/JOB_1710611
Candidates are advised to submit applications early to avoid disappointment as we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date.
This opportunity is closed to applications.