Digital Developer (Academic Support)
16 January 2019 23:55
Key activities include:
- To lead on the functional and architectural development of Academic Support Online (ASO) and to deliver efficient and reliable maintenance of the site on a day to day responsive and anticipatory basis. ASO provides web-based resources and systems supporting all UAL students from pre-enrolment to graduation and enhances the digital presence of Library and Student Support Services.
- To be a core member of the Academic Support team, responsible for ASO’s development as an innovative and up to date Drupal platform, working closely with the Digital Curator (ASO) and the Academic Support Coordinator, and liaising with others across the University.
- To contribute to developing current and future user experiences enabled by emerging technologies, in alignment with the University’s Digital and Academic Strategies, and the Library and Student Support Strategy 2018-21.
Academic Support, part of Library & Student Support.
This post is available on a fixed term, full time basis.
The Academic Support Digital Developer post is based in the Library office at Kings Cross. The role provides a great opportunity to build on innovative work that has led to the current University-wide Academic Support Online platform, which in turn supports the ongoing enhancement and development of Academic Support for all students across UAL.
- You have a degree or equivalent professional / vocational qualification, and have demonstrable experience and technical skills to realise Drupal-based websites and associated architecture web coding.
- You have led on the development and maintenance of Drupal websites, including responsive mobile optimised websites
- You understand current practices and identify effective approaches to enable student learning through digital environments and online resources
- You have demonstrable understanding of server technologies which can enhance the performance/reliability of web applications
- You possess up-to-date knowledge and an anticipatory stance towards accessibility standards and inclusive digital learning practices
The job description and person specification sets out further expectations and desirable criteria to consider when applying for the role.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early.
This opportunity is closed to applications.