Working within the University of the Arts London’s Student Marketing and Recruitment Department you will support the University in realising its student recruitment targets by reaching quality prospective students in both domestic and international markets, advocating a first class student experience that begins at enquiry.
Together with colleagues across the SM&R Department and University, you will lead the planning, implementation and evaluation of marketing campaigns for student recruitment at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate taught levels within UK, EU and international markets. For maximum engagement you will use market research and intelligence in your approaches and champion the principles of Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in an appropriate discipline, preferably with or working towards a professional marketing qualification such as a Chartered Institute of Marketing Diploma.
- At least two solid years’ experience working in a marketing position that has required a knowledge of both traditional and digital marketing principles and techniques.
- Experience of working in the higher education sector is desirable.
- Proven experience of developing and implementing operational marketing plans for direct customer acquisition.
- An in-depth understanding of marketing practices and theories including areas of specialism in the fields of digital marketing, market research and CRM.
- Knowledge of website Content Management Systems (CMS) and practices for Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).
- Experience of managing the creation of marketing collateral and content assets (both in print and digital formats) that support marketing acquisition campaigns.
- Ability to monitor, interpret and report on data and metrics for marketing campaign evaluation.
- Experience of building effective internal working relationships across all levels of seniority and functions.
- Experience of managing a small team and/or coaching or mentoring staff.
- Proven ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing adapting the message for a diverse audience in an inclusive and accessible way.
Leadership and Management
- Motivates and leads a team effectively, setting clear objectives to manage performance.
Research and Learning
- Applies innovative approaches in learning and professional practice to support excellence.
- Applies own research to develop learning and assessment practice.
- Contributes to advancing professional practice/research or scholarly activity in own area of specialism.
Planning and managing resources
- Plans, prioritises and manages resources effectively to achieve long term objectives.
- Works collaboratively in a team and where appropriate across or with different professional groups.
Student experience or customer service
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with students or customers.
Creativity, Innovation and Problem Solving
- Suggests practical solutions to new or unique problems.
In return, University of the Arts London offers generous leave, an attractive pension and a commitment to your continuing personal development and training in an environment that encourages excellence, creativity and diversity. Relocation assistance is available.
If you have any queries you may contact ADS Recruitment Team via email ADSRecruitment@arts.ac.uk or telephone: 020 7514 2965.
University of the Arts London aims to be an equal opportunities employer embracing diversity in all areas of activity and UAL positively welcomes applications from black and minority ethnic staff who are currently underrepresented at this level.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early to avoid disappointment as we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date.