Functional Analyst (SITS Student Accounting Module)
27 July 2018 23:55
The Functional Analysts will be required to contribute to the design and build of the new Student Record Systems (Tribal SITS), its components, and integrating systems, with a specific focus on the Student Accounting Module (SAM). They will support the integration of finance processes with SAM through the full student journey (Admissions, Enrolment and Graduation) as well as related line-of-business applications, and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
The post holder will take a leading role in working with the work stream leads, subject matter experts and project managers to prioritise requirements, execute functional testing and validate product builds. As well as that, the post holder will support transition to live, and be a champion for supporting the business change in affected Finance areas.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
1. To take a leading role in preparing and agreeing revised finance business processes and SAM system configuration, and assist with implementing these consistently across the University’s systems and teams.
2. To support creation of a technical requirements specification for student and fees administration business processes, and following on from this to develop and update comprehensive technical documentation and procedures, consulting with users and other stakeholders to ensure accuracy and correct product/process definitions.
3. To advise the SAM Senior User and Work Stream Lead in the evaluation of conflicting options and the selection of the best solution for the University as a whole.
4. To influence the development and contribute to the implementation of the overall Finance Department strategy, specifically contributing to the development of systems for the collection of income, ensuring systems and processes remain fit for purpose and dynamic, while gaining maximum value for money for the university.
5. To build, test, transition, and support project deliverables as determined by the work stream Leads and Senior Users.
6. To monitor the quality of data / efficiency of the revised processes to ensure effective operation,identify issues and to continue to contribute to the enhancement and continual improvement of the business processes following implementation, acting on user feedback.
You will have knowledge and experience of the SITS Student Accounting Module (SAM) and recent SITS e:Vision implementation experience to enable you to manage interfaces between SITS/SAM and Finance Information Systems as well as resolving reconciliation differences that may arise.
Knowledge of sales ledger accounting, payment technologies and interfaces is also required as well as being aware of main requirements for compliance with PCI-DSS standards and GDPR.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early to avoid disappointment as we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date.