Head of Attainment Team
31 October 2018 23:55
The post holder will provide university level leadership for the strategic development, delivery and evaluation of the UAL Attainment programme. This programme has the explicit objective to reduce and eliminate attainment differentials at UAL. It has a particular focus on the elimination of differentials between white students and students of colour, home and international students.
The post holder will advise the Colleges and will ensure that UAL’s attainment strategy and delivery is integrated and aligned with the University’s Academic Enhancement Model (AEM is the university’s strategic enhancement approach).
The post holder will work closely with the College AEM (Academic Enhancement Model) Leads, colleagues in the Teaching and Learning Exchange and colleagues with attainment roles in each of the Colleges.
The post holder will lead attainment differential analysis, interventions, activities and resources across UAL.
The post holder will manage the budgets, resources and staffing associated with this work.
University of the Arts London is a vibrant world centre for innovation, drawing together six Colleges with international reputations in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts.
Creative Education is our core business and every position within the University plays an important part in shaping future creative professionals. You will get to be a part of this future by supporting the learning and attainment of our diverse student body.
- You have a post-graduate degree and a teaching qualification (or equivalent).
- You have in depth knowledge and experience of implementation measures that address attainment; recognised as an authority in work to address attainment differentials between BAME and white home students.
- You have a good understanding of relevant attainment differential research and in depth knowledge and experience of implementation measures that address attainment.
- You have led large scale evaluated institutional projects that address attainment differentials in an FE or HE environment.
- You communicate in a compelling and influential way, adapting the style and message to a diverse internal or external audience in an inclusive and accessible way.
- You are a strong team leader, effectively promoting collaboration across formal line management and informal coordination boundaries.
- You have proven experience of applying innovative approaches to support excellent teaching, pedagogy and inclusivity. You also apply your own research to educational leadership.
- You have experience in developing effective teams, networks or communities of practice to foster constructive cross team collaboration, and have made a significant contribution to improving the student and staff experience by promoting an inclusive environment for students, and colleagues.
- It would be desirable if you were an authority in the field of international student attainment.
- It would be desirable if you are a Senior or Principal Fellow of HEA.
If you have any queries you may contact ADS Recruitment Team via email ADSRecruitment@arts.ac.uk or telephone: 020 7514 2965.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early to avoid disappointment as we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date.