Full time - 35 hours per week
28 November 2022 23:55
UAL’s Development Manager roles are fundraising posts situated within the university’s central Development department, supporting delivery of UAL’s first-ever comprehensive fundraising campaign.
Tasks will include:
- Managing a portfolio of funding relationships with key individuals and organisations, and supporting non-fundraising staff (such as Heads of College and other senior academics) in maintaining their own relationships;
- Identifying new prospective supporters and developing plans for approach alongside relevant Development and academic colleagues;
- Ensuring that records of all relationships are kept up to date on our central database (Raiser’s Edge) and liaising with colleagues to ensure that there is no duplication of approaches across UAL;
- Acting as the Development department’s lead with a specific college or other parts of the university, building strong relationships with key individuals, keeping the department updated on key developments in college and keeping the college updated on relevant fundraising initiatives;
- Leading on or supporting specific fundraising initiatives such as events, crowdfunding, appeals, and so on, where relevant.
- Ensuring best practice in all aspects of our fundraising, including but not limited to: data protection, gift acceptance and gift handling, naming conventions, and so on.
Development Managers will be experienced fundraisers with a successful track record in at least one fundraising discipline – such as major giving, trusts and foundations, corporate fundraising, or events – but with the ability to provide generalist fundraising support to a wide range of colleagues on a variety of activities.
In particular, Development Managers must be able to support colleagues with a range of fundraising opportunities and to work closely with specialists in UAL’s central Development department (including those leading on major gifts, trusts and foundations, database management and prospect research, corporate partnerships, and alumni relations) to maximise our fundraising efforts.
If you have any queries about this role or need any reasonable adjustments for your application, please contact, Jaspreet Kaur, Resourcing Adviser via email at Socialpurposestaffrecruitment@arts.ac.uk or 020 7514 9627.
What we offer
We are UAL
A world-class university, shaping the creative industries worldwide, University of the Arts London (UAL) specialises in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts education. UAL is ranked second in the world for Art and Design in the QS World University Rankings® 2022. 2022 QS World University Rankings®.
The University is made up of 6 renowned Colleges: Camberwell College of Arts, Central Saint Martins, Chelsea College of Arts, London College of Communication, London College of Fashion and Wimbledon College of Arts.
The UAL Development department has gone from strength to strength in recent years, leading to substantial growth in UAL's income and the largest gifts the university has received to date.
Now we aim to take our fundraising to the next level with the launch of our first-ever comprehensive fundraising campaign. Our new Development Managers will be crucial to the success of this ambitious campaign.
This opportunity is closed to applications.