Online Showcasing Executive
28 November 2022 16:00
This role will support the ongoing development and promotion of the university’s Graduate Showcase and Portfolio platforms, which showcase UAL students’ work to global audiences.
Working closely with the Head of Online Showcasing and colleagues across UAL’s Colleges and Institutes, the post-holder will play a central role in helping to engage internal stakeholders (students, academics, UAL staff) as well as external stakeholders (creative industry professionals, partners) with a view to increasing the functionality, reach and ongoing success of the platform.
You will have a strong interest in the creative industries and an enthusiasm to support the career progression and ongoing success of UAL’s graduates.
For the fourth year running, University of the Arts London is the world’s second University for Art and Design in the QS World University Rankings® 2022. Our diverse and talented community comprises over 5,000 academic, professional, and technical staff. Together we are committed to social purpose. This includes creating a better a more sustainable world and championing race equality.
We offer highly creative working environments that inspire staff across all areas to fulfil their potential and continuous training to further develop their skills and expertise. We also offer hybrid and flexible working practices, and excellent staff benefits to improve your work life balance.
- Support the Head of Online Showcasing with the continuous improvement of UAL’s graduateshowcase.arts.ac.uk and portfolio.arts.ac.uk websites.
- Work with the Head of Online Showcasing and comms colleagues across the university to define and communicate the benefits of engaging with the Showcase platform to colleagues and students across UAL.
- Collate and write up case studies and success stories to be shared with internal and external audiences.
- Develop a list of annual events, campaigns and opportunities that Graduate Showcase could tie into (e.g. London Design Festival, COP 27, London Fashion Week).
- Support the Head of Online Showcasing with workshops and meetings, coordinating diaries and writing up actions and requirements.
- Monitor engagement levels during the Showcase season and provide the Head of Online Showcasing with a weekly summary.
- Support the development of accessible user manuals and videos.
- Support colleagues with the timely upload of graduating students’ work.
- Work with stakeholders across UAL to identify new and improved functionality that will enhance the user experience of Graduate Showcase website for students, staff and visitors.
- Work closely with colleagues from across UAL’s Design and Technology team to implement and test site developments.
- Respond to and escalate enquiries in a timely manner.
- Work with colleagues to identify prevalent and topical themes and explore ways to bring them to life through the site.
- Work with colleagues across UAL to develop a programme of showcase readiness events and resources.
- Support the Head of Online Showcasing with the development of an annual evaluation report.
- Support the Head of Online Showcasing in maintaining and implementing a strategy for the platform.
- Work collaboratively with agencies and teams across UAL to develop and disseminate student and stakeholder-facing campaign materials.
Please apply early as should sufficient applications be received the vacancy closing date may be held earlier.
If you have any queries about this role or need any reasonable adjustments for your application, please contact Jaspreet Kaur, Resourcing Adviser via email at DigitalandTechnologystaffrecruitment@arts.ac.uk or 020 7514 9627.
UAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive environments for all staff and students to work and learn – a university where we can be ourselves and reach our full potential. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and Staff Support Networks. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, including race, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring responsibility.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early.
This opportunity is closed to applications.