Careers Online Learning Technologist
31 May 2021 23:55
University of the Arts London (UAL) is a vibrant world centre for innovation, drawing together six Colleges with international reputations in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts. We are top 2 in the world for Art and Design (QS World University Rankings 2021) and home to the largest Art & Design postgraduate community in Europe. This role is based in UAL’s Careers and Employability team, which exists to help the university’s students and graduates to make a living doing what they love.
The post-holder should meet the following role requirements -
- A first Degree or advanced qualification relevant to online learning.
- Understanding of key issues related to student and graduate careers development, progression and destinations in the creative sector. (Desirable)
- Project management skills and ability to use a range of related tools, methods and resources. (Desirable)
- Ability work to targets and to monitor, evaluate and report on own area of impact and performance.
- Experience of developing, managing and delivering online learning resources for students and graduates.
- Experience of working in a HEI and/or in a creative university careers service or has significant experience of working in a company, agency or employer in the creative and cultural sector. (Desirable)
- Significant and demonstrable experience of managing projects of a concurrent and overlapping nature, to deadline and within budget. (Desirable)
- Experience of working with range of assets in different formats - video, audio, text-based, and integration of external platforms into Moodle
- Communicates effectively orally, in writing and/or using visual media.
- Motivates and leads a team effectively, setting clear objectives to manage performance
- Uses effective teaching approaches to support and develop students’ employability
- Supports learning for diverse student groups
- Contributes to advancing professional practice / research or scholarly activity in own area of specialism
- Plans, prioritises and organises work to achieve objectives on time
- Works collaboratively in a team and where appropriate across or with different professional groups.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with students or customers
- Uses initiative or creativity to resolve problems
Please submit your application as soon as possible, as should a sufficient number of applications be received this vacancy may close earlier than the stated closing date.
If you have any queries you may contact ADS Recruitment Team via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
UAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive environments for all staff and students to work and learn – a university where we can be ourselves and reach our full potential. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and Staff Support Networks. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, including race, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring responsibility.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early.
This opportunity is closed to applications.