fire safety adviser fixed term
22 June 2018 23:55
University of the Arts London is a vibrant world centre for innovation, drawing together six Colleges with international reputations in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts.
Every position within the University plays an important part in shaping future creative professionals, and impacts on the future of so many creative industries. You will get to be a part of this future by transferring your specialist knowledge on to other keen creatives whilst developing your own skills.
- Ability to complete fire risk assessments and support the delivery of the recommendations for large, complex buildings including sleeping accommodation (houses of multiple occupancy) (essential)
- Clear and concise knowledge of the RRO guidance documents. (essential)
- Clear and concise knowledge of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and how it impacts the organisation. (essential)
- A member of the Institution of Fire Engineers or equivalent (desirable)
- An understanding of relevant current best fire safety practices in education premises, public entertainment premises and events. (desirable)
- Nationally accredited DSEAR assessor (desirable).
- Nationally accredited fire risk assessor. (desirable)
- Experienced fire risk assessor for large and complex buildings (essential) and for theatres, public spaces, licensed premises and sleeping accommodation (houses of multiple occupancy) (desirable).
- Demonstrable experience in providing fire safety advice, developing policies, written guidance and training for large organisations with complex, multi-use buildings (essential) and sleeping accommodation (houses of multiple occupancy) (desirable).
- Demonstrable experience in providing fire safety advice to buildings with public access, theatres and licensed premises (desirable).
- Demonstrable experience in liaising and communicating with key stakeholders to deliver fire management systems in new builds and refurbishments including the development and implementation of fire strategies. (desirable)
- Developing and delivering fire safety training (including fire extinguisher training) (essential)
- Experience in a similar role in higher education (desirable).
- Experience in completing DSEAR assessments and delivering the recommendations of DSEAR assessments. (desirable)
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing adapting the message for a diverse audience in an inclusive and accessible way. (essential)
- Plans, prioritises and manages resources effectively to achieve long term objectives (essential)
- Works collaboratively in a team and where appropriate across or with different professional groups (desirable)
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with students or customers (desirable)
- Suggests practical solutions to new or unique problems (essential)
In return, University of the Arts London offers generous leave, an attractive pension and a commitment to your continuing personal development and training in an environment that encourages excellence, creativity and diversity. Relocation assistance is available.
If you have any queries you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates are advised to submit applications early to avoid disappointment as we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date.
This opportunity is closed to applications.