Student Recruitment Administrator
21 June 2018 23:55
The post holder will work closely with the Student Recruitment Manager, Head of UK Student Recruitment and other members of the UK Student Recruitment team to coordinate and support delivery of the annual UK student recruitment activity schedule, across the full range of activities undertaken during the UK recruitment cycle (fairs/exhibitions, workshops, seminars, school visits and portfolio reviews). The post holder will be required to coordinate all logistical support for this schedule, including travel booking, event booking, accommodation and courier requirements.
The role will require effective communication with a wide range of colleagues across UAL including UK recruitment team members, academic staff, marketing and admissions staff and with external stakeholders. Excellent organisational skills will be required to ensure that the activity plan is accurate and up to date and that the logistical arrangements required to support the plan are in place.
Initiative, the ability to problem solve and strong time management skills will be essential.
University of the Arts London is a vibrant world centre for innovation, drawing together six Colleges with international reputations in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts. Every position within the University plays an important part in shaping future creative professionals, and impacts on the future of so many creative industries.
This role will contribute to the successful delivery of UAL's student recruitment strategy in the UK. The role will be pivotal to the success of a growing department, tasked with guaranteeing the continued success of the University's recruitment strategy in the UK. This role will provide opportunities to work across a number of established and new student recruitment projects. All colleagues are encouraged to apply their creativity, experience and expertise to improve process and outcome.
- Experience of working collaboratively with other peers/teams to ensure the delivery of an effective project
- Efficient at co-ordinating logistics around travel, e.g. booking travel/accommodation, freight/courier services
- Knowledge of using finance systems to process invoices, report on expenditure and answer queries relating to payments
- Familiarity with administrative systems (e.g. Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word)
- Experience of providing administrative support within a professional setting
- Comfortable using strong interpersonal skills to build internal and external networks and develop highly effective working relationships
- Experience of using strong organisational skills to prioritise and deliver a varied workload
- Experience of carrying out appropriate enquiries to establish facts, identifying and using a range of sources and types of data, and of producing full and accurate reports and/or accounts of situations
- Communicates effectively orally, in writing and/or using visual media
- Plans, prioritises and organises work to achieve objectives on time
- Works collaboratively in a team and where appropriate across or with different professional groups
- Provides a positive and responsive student or customer service
- Uses initiative or creativity to resolve problems
Candidates are advised to submit applications early to avoid disappointment as we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date.