Systems Administrator (Windows)
19 November 2017 23:55
As part of our continued improvement plan for Information Services, UAL are seeking to invest in an experienced Systems Administrator who will support the management, development and security of its Windows Server environment. As part of the Technical Services team you will specialise in supporting Windows Server technology.
You will gain valuable experience of installing, configuring and patching windows based servers in a Virtualised environment while managing network storage and associated software. You will ensure IT services are successfully integrated and delivered and will work with various internal and external stakeholders across the University.
The University of the Arts London is one of the top 6 universities in the world for art and design and Comprises of 6 globally renowned colleges. It is a highly desirable and varied place of work and requires an innovative, high performing IT service to deliver to this highly creative community.
The University supports around 20,000 students and 5,000 staff based across 14 sites in the heart of London. The University is going through a time of change and redevelopment over the next five years and aims to improve a number of areas such as user experience, digital services and relocation/expansion to it’ s newly built state of the art campuses.
- Experience of working specialising in Windows Server technologies
- Strong experience of Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 at a 3rd line level is essential for the position
- Experience of working in a large and complex technical environment essential ideally with exposure to 200+ servers
- Experience of VMWare/Server/Storage and networking is highly desirable.
- Active Directory, scripting, security and web services experience would be advantageous
- You will be a self-motivated and dynamic individual who is able to be adaptable and flexible and able to adjust to a new situations and environments
- Effective oral and written communication skills ,with a logical and sensible approach to tasks
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels, including the ability to communicate complex technical information to non-technical users
As an employer of choice the University of the Arts London offers an extensive benefits package including:
Competitive salary package of £33,653-£43,550 dependent on experience
- 31 days annual leave (inclusive of days between Christmas and New Year when it closes) plus public holidays
- Competitive pension package
- A healthy work-life balance for all employees
Please note that the recruitment for this role is being managed by our IT recruitment partner Hays – to apply for this role click on the following link and submit your details and CV via the Hays UAL IT opportunities microsite:
Candidates are advised to submit applications early to avoid disappointment as we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date.
This opportunity is closed to applications.