Project Coordinator: Graded Examinations
23 February 2021 23:55
The purpose of this role is to support the systems design and operational delivery of new learning experiences and credentials in the creative subjects. This new initiative will result in a customer journey which offers students rewarding, bankable learning and assessments. It will allow students to build a portfolio of skills and achievements that will complement both more formal learning in schools, and the growing reach of UAL’s Future Creatives project for younger learners.
Initial pilots of this approach have been conducted. The project is now entering a new phase which requires the iterative development and testing of live systems and processes. It is expected that the role will work toward delivering and evaluating a first phase of operational pilots in the first 5 months, followed by iterations which improve efficiency and scalability in the second 5 – 7 months.
The role is based in UAL Awarding Body but will require significant collaborative working across Future Creatives, UAL Short Courses Ltd and UAL IT and central finance to ensure a successful project that meets the need of stakeholders across teams.
UAL Awarding Body is a specialist art, design and creative industries awarding body owned by and based within University of the Arts London. UAL draws together six renowned colleges, each with its own world-class reputation.
UAL Awarding Body believes in transformative education. We design and award creative qualifications that empower and inspire educators to help students reach their potential. UAL Awarding Body is regulated by Ofqual, CCEA and Qualifications Wales. We currently offer qualifications in art and design, fashion, creative media, music and performing and production arts. We are also the UK’s leading provider of the Diploma in Art & Design - Foundation Studies.
The UAL Awarding Body team is passionate, innovative and rigorous. We are experts and pride ourselves on our knowledge of the sectors we work in, and the quality and integrity of the qualifications we design and award.
UAL Awarding Body is an expanding enterprise offering opportunities for career progression. It is committed to fostering your continuing personal development and training in an environment that encourages excellence, creativity and diversity. A wide range of courses, lectures and workshops are on offer and staff are encouraged to attend. UAL Awarding Body actively invest in staff engagement. As a result, the team enjoys a flexible, collaborative and effective working environment.
For more information please review:
- Knowledge and understanding of user experience principles and the importance of the student / customer journey
- Ability to map and deliver process and system requirements, leading to operational delivery of a service or product.
- Knowledge of and understanding of delivering online experiences, education or assessments, ideally in creative subjects.
- Knowledge of online learning platforms, systems, and processes.
- Knowledge of project management and/or business analysis approaches.
- Experiencing of working in a commercial, customer focussed environment
- Strong administrative or project coordination experience
- Experience working collaboratively with colleagues in various teams
- Ability to apply knowledge and experience, sharing learning and experience with others.
- Experience of developing processes and procedures and documenting these for reference by others
- Communicates effectively orally, in writing and/or using visual media with clients
- Motivates collaborators and leads a project effectively, setting clear objectives to manage performance
- Plans, prioritises and manages resources effectively to achieve objectives
- Works collaboratively in a team and where appropriate across or with different professional groups.
Please note that this role may close earlier than the stated closing date if a sufficient number of applications are received. If you wish to apply for this position, you are advised to submit your application as soon as possible.
If you have any queries you may contact email@example.com
UAL is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive university - a place where we all can be ourselves and reach our full potential in our work, learning and creative practice. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and Staff Support Networks. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, including race, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring responsibility.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early.
This opportunity is closed to applications.