Senior Finance Administrator
28 February 2021 23:55
Reporting to the Expenditure Manager, the Senior Finance Administrator is responsible for providing a comprehensive and customer focussed service to staff across the University in relation to accounts payable, expenses and credit cards
The Senior Finance Administrator will supervise the Expenditure team on a day to day basis, including managing the team’s workloads, and dealing with queries and issues in a timely way, ensuring all transactions are processed accurately and in a timely way and in accordance with University policies and procedures.
The post holder will work with the Head of Expenditure in the management of the Corporate Credit card services across the University, including downloading extract files, updating files for users and undertaking regular reviews of expenditure on corporate credit cards.
They will be responsible for calculating and recording all taxable benefits identified on expense claims and credit cards and managing the issue and recovery of temporary advances and standing floats.
The post holder will also have strong communication skills and experience in developing and maintaining working relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally, including supplier, HR and payroll.
We are looking for Proven experience in a customer facing role, a thorough knowledge of Accounts Payable, Expenses and credit card expenditure functions together with a good understanding of financial reporting systems with specific knowledge of ABW.
- AAT or actively studying
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable, Expenses and Credit card processes and how they would apply at the university.
- Knowledge of relevant tax rules for reporting UK VAT and benefits in kind.
- Good knowledge of financial reporting systems with specific knowledge of ABW desirable
- To provide a customer focussed Expenditure service to all staff and students at the University, working closely with suppliers and key stakeholders in-house to deliver an effective and efficient service. To provide support and assistance to the Head of Expenditure with preparation of regular reports, schedules and information and to provide support and cover across the wider team in relation to month end/year end ABW journals and processing of invoices, credit notes, expenses and credit cards.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with proven ability to explain technical/specialist information clearly in a way that can be understood by a varied audience who may not always be familiar with the subject matter.
- Numerate with good attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office, e-mail, ABW, web/internet, electronic diary
In return, University of the Arts London offers generous leave, a final salary pension and a commitment to your continuing personal development and training in an environment that encourages excellence, creativity and diversity. Relocation assistance is available.
Please note that this role may close earlier than the stated closing date if a sufficient number of applications are received. If you wish to apply for this position, you are advised to submit your application as soon as possible.
If you have any queries you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
UAL is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive university - a place where we all can be ourselves and reach our full potential in our work, learning and creative practice. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and Staff Support Networks. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, including race, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring responsibility.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early.