Course Leader BSc (Hons) Psychology of Fashion
3 September 2020 23:55
This is a unique opportunity to lead our innovative undergraduate course and to contribute to the growth of the subject area of fashion psychology. You will be responsible for the academic leadership and management of the course, ensuring that the curriculum is relevant, current and consistent with the missions of the Programme and of the Fashion Business School. You will be expected to take part in teaching and assessment at postgraduate level too. You will be research active and contribute to initiatives concerned with understanding psychological phenomena across the realm of fashion.
University of the Arts London is a vibrant world centre for innovation, drawing together six Colleges with international reputations in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts.
London College of Fashion is extremely proud to be a global leader in fashion education, research and consultancy. Much of its success is down to its dedicated employees, and you will play an important role in shaping future creative professionals, and impact on the future of so many creative industries.
London College of Fashion, UAL is undertaking an unprecedented programme of change. In 2023 we will be consolidating our existing six sites into a new purpose built campus as part of a new education and cultural district on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. Ahead of this move, we welcome applications from candidates who live in and around East London, as well as from those keen to join us on this exciting and unique opportunity in our College’s history.
If you have any queries you may contact the LCF Staffing Team, email: email@example.com.
Requirements of the role:
- Relevant undergraduate and Masters qualification is essential
- Teaching qualification or fellowship status relating to Higher Education is essential
- A PhD in a relevant discipline is desirable
- Full and active membership of the British Psychological Society is desirable
- Evidence of research-led teaching experience in Psychology as applicable to Fashion is desirable
- Relevant academic experience operating as a course/ module/ unit leader at Undergraduate is desirable
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing, adapting the message for a diverse audience in an inclusive and accessible way
- Motivates and leads a team effectively, setting clear objectives to manage performance
- Applies innovative approaches to course leadership, teaching, learning or professional practice to support excellent teaching, pedagogy and inclusivity.
- Demonstrates track record in research or other scholarly activity of relevance to psychology.
- Contributes to advancing professional practice/research or scholarly activity in own area of specialism
- Plans, prioritises and manages resources effectively to achieve long term objectives
- Builds effective teams, networks or communities of practice and fosters constructive cross team collaboration.
- Contributes to improving or adapting provision to enhance the student experience or customer service
- Suggests practical solutions to new or unique problems
UAL is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive university - a place where we all can be ourselves and reach our full potential in our work, learning and creative practice. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and Staff Support Networks. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, including race, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring responsibility.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early.