Student Recruitment Content Assistant
28 September 2020 23:55
Student Marketing and Recruitment (SM&R) supports the achievement of UAL's pre-degree, undergraduate and postgraduate student enrolment targets across all subjects in the UK, EU and prioritised international markets.
In this creative and varied fixed-term role you will work closely with all members of the Content Team to support the delivery of engaging student marketing and recruitment content for use across channels used by prospective students and their influencers. This includes print materials, web, email, social media and digital communications.
As a key member of our content team, you’ll work across many different projects, including helping to create case studies and organise photoshoots, supporting the production of our printed and digital recruitment materials, liaising with external suppliers and making sure that our content is kept up-to-date and delivered on time.
With your strong design skills and good understanding of current digital media and technologies, you’ll also produce in-house print and digital content to represent our brand on a global stage.
University of the Arts London is a vibrant world centre for innovation, drawing together 6 Colleges with international reputations in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts. Every position within the University plays an important part in shaping future creative professionals and impacts on the future of so many creative industries.
This role will contribute to the successful delivery of UAL's student recruitment strategy by supporting the provision of engaging content aimed at prospective students. You’ll be part of a supportive and innovative content team with the opportunity to work across a variety of projects and develop new skills. All colleagues are encouraged to apply their creativity, experience and expertise to push boundaries and be a part of a positive change.
You will have a good understanding of current digital media, tools, and technologies, an appreciation of high print production values and strong design skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Support the Content Team with all stages of the production process for our printed and digital student recruitment materials. Tasks may include: supporting case study capturing; liaising with internal stakeholders for content contributions; providing copywriting and design support as required; working with external suppliers to ensure key delivery deadlines are met; proofreading and marking up designer/printer proofs; coordinating international publication and freighting.
- Design content for multiplatform publications, including the UAL website, social media channels, external referral sites and print materials.
- Conduct content-related research as required.
- Publish, evaluate and maintain content on the UAL website, social media channels and other online platforms
- Help to create, update and maintain content across external referral sites, ensuring that all information about UAL and its courses is accurate, timely and engaging.
- Take the lead on specific content research and production initiatives as required.
- Provide logistical, administrative and creative support to the Student Recruitment Content Manager and other members of the Content Team as required.
Essential skills include:
- Degree level qualification in arts, design, marketing, communication, journalism or a relevant field.
- Demonstrable interest in the creative sector.
- Knowledge or appreciation of graphic design and/or publishing.
- Strong copywriting skills and the ability to explain complex information in simple language.
- Experience of using the Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro).
- Experience of working in a marketing and/or communications role involving producing content for online and offline channels.
- Experience of producing, maintaining, publishing and evaluating content through Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Experience of building effective internal working relationships across different teams.
- Experience of liaising with external suppliers such as design agencies, printers and video production agencies (desirable).
- Experience of implementing brand guidelines and championing brand advocacy (desirable).
- Experience of working within higher education or other education environment (desirable).
Please see the Job Description for a full list of roles and responsibilities and a complete person specification.
In your application you will be asked to complete a personal statement. Applications will only be considered from those who use the personal statement to outline how they meet the criteria within the formal job description.
UAL is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive university - a place where we all can be ourselves and reach our full potential in our work, learning and creative practice. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and Staff Support Networks. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, including race, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring responsibility.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early.
This opportunity is closed to applications.