Lecturer in Fashion Communication
25 November 2020 23:55
The post-holder will be expected to undertake:
- Teaching across the BA Fashion Communication course
- Responsibility for BA Fashion Communication undergraduate students’ pastoral support, progress and attendance, maintaining records and liaising with colleagues as appropriate.
- Pedagogic and curriculum development that stimulate thought and practice that challenge the canon of BA Fashion with the aim of promoting diversity and inclusivity.
- Expand the capacity of the course design to meet the needs of a diverse student body.
(Before completing an application form, candidates should please download the candidate information pack and the job description/person specification for the role and read the full list of requirements and selection criteria before applying as this will be the criteria on which your application will be assessed).
Requirements of the role:
- Undergraduate degree in Fashion or associated subject.
- Higher degree (e.g. MA) in Fashion or associated subject(Desirable).
- PhD or Higher level research degree (Desirable).
- Teaching qualification (PG Cert or equivalent) (Desirable).
- Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (Desirable).
- Experience of teaching & assessment in a higher education environment (permanent, fractional, or hourly paid contract).
- Applies an inquiring, innovative and reflexive approach to teaching.
- Considers equality, diversity and inclusivity in all aspects of teaching and assessment.
- Shows commitment to understanding the range of students’ experiences within a course.
- Collaborates and works effectively within team and across different professional groups.
- Works effectively and respectfully with a wide range of people.
- Evidence of research, knowledge exchange and/ or professional practice that contributes to the advancement of Fashion Design activity and is relevant to the goals of the Programme, College and University.
- Evidence of using contacts within subject peer group to develop partnerships or collaboration.
- Plans, prioritises and manages resources effectively to achieve objectives.
Posting date – 27 October 2020
Closing date – 25 November 2020
Should you have any queries, please contact the CSM Staffing Team via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
UAL is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive university - a place where we all can be ourselves and reach our full potential in our work, learning and creative practice. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and Staff Support Networks. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, including race, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring responsibility.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early.
This opportunity is closed to applications.