Senior Lecturer in Illustration: Coordinator for Student Journey
14 May 2021 23:55
The Senior Lecturer in Ilustration: Coordinator for Student Journey is responsible for teaching, course development, and on-going scholarship on the Illustration Programme which is part of the Design School at Camberwell, Chelsea, Wimbledon Colleges of Arts. The post-holder will work collaboratively across the BA Illustration team, deploying specialist expertise to develop pedagogy and the curriculum in innovative and critical directions.
The post-holder will be expected to undertake:
- In collaboration with the Course Leader and Year Leaders, take responsibility for vertical learning provision for BA Illustration students, maintaining records and liaising with colleagues as appropriate.
- Pedagogic and curriculum development that stimulate thought and practice, which support learning activities across year groups.
Expand the capacity of the course design to integrate diversity and inclusive learning, supporting de-colonialising the curriculum activity.
This responsibility is of immediate strategic importance and may develop or change in the light of new priorities.
The post-holder is expected to uphold and implement the policies and procedures of University of the Arts London and the College.
University of the Arts London is a vibrant world centre for innovation, drawing together six Colleges with international reputations in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts.
Camberwell College of Arts is a prestigious establishment with a track record of teaching and nurturing impressive talent. Much of its success is down to its dedicated employees, and you will play an important role in shaping future creative professionals, and impact on the future of so many creative industries
Requirements of the role:
- Undergraduate degree in Illustration or associated subject.
- Higher degree (e.g. MA) in Illustration or associated subject (Desirable).
- PhD or Higher level research degree (Desirable).
- Teaching qualification (PG Cert of equivalent) (Desirable).
- Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (Desirable).
- Experience of teaching & assessment in a Higher Education environment (permanent, fractional, or hourly paid contract).
- Applies an inquiring, innovative and reflexive approach to teaching.
- Considers equality, diversity and inclusivity in all aspects of teaching practice.
- Shows commitment to understanding the range of students’ experiences within a course.
- Collaborates and works effectively within team and across professional groups.
- Works effectively and respectfully with a wide range of people.
- Fosters inclusive and constructive team work and problem-solving.
- Evidence of research, knowledge exchange and/ or professional practice that contributes to the advancement of Illustration activity and is relevant to the goals of the Programme, College and University.
- Evidence of using contacts within subject peer group to develop partnerships or collaborations.
- Plans, prioritises and manages resources effectively to achieve objectives.
In return, University of the Arts London offers generous leave, an attractive pension and a commitment to your continuing personal development and training in an environment that encourages excellence, creativity and diversity. Relocation assistance is available.
For any other matters about this role that are not covered in the available documentation, please contact Christine Crouch, Staffing Administrator, email email@example.com.
UAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive environments for all staff and students to work and learn – a university where we can be ourselves and reach our full potential. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and Staff Support Networks. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, including race, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring responsibility.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early.
This opportunity is closed to applications.