Lecturer in Creative Computing (MSc/MA Computing and Creative Industry)
Part time - 22.2 hours per week
21 June 2021 11:30
We are seeking a motivated individual to provide proactive academic teaching, curriculum development and scholarships across our courses within the UAL Creative Computing Institute. If you are an interdisciplinary academic with skills in the creative computing field, this role offers a fantastic platform to develop your career.
Before completing an application form, candidates should please download the candidate information pack and the job description/person specification for the role and read the full list of requirements and selection criteria before applying as this will be the criteria on which your application will be assessed.
Requirements of the role:
- Undergraduate degree in related disciplines or associated subject
- Higher degree (e.g. MA) in Creative Computing or associated subject
- PhD or Higher level research degree (Desirable)
- Teaching qualification (PG Cert or equivalent) (Desirable)
- Member of the Higher Education Academy (Desirable)
- Experience of teaching & assessment in a higher education environment (permanent, fractional, or hourly paid contract)
- Applies an inquiring, innovative and reflexive approach to teaching
- Considers and promotes equality, diversity and inclusivity in all aspects of teaching and assessment
- Shows commitment to understanding the range of students’ experiences within a course
- Collaborates and works effectively within team and across different professional groups
- Works effectively and respectfully with a wide range of people
- Fosters inclusive and constructive team work and problem-solving
- Evidence of research, knowledge exchange and/ or professional practice that contributes to the advancement of Creative Computing activity and is relevant to the goals of the Programme, College and University. These should cover a specialism relevant to the mission of the Creative Computing Institute in Human Computer Interaction, Creative AI and Digital Platforms, including areas of creative coding, physical computing, computational technologies and platforms, creative AI and VR/XR and other related disciplines
- Evidence of using contacts within subject peer group to develop partnerships or collaboration
- Plans, prioritises and manages resources effectively to achieve objectives
UAL is committed to addressing the under-representation of staff from Black and Minority Ethnic communities, using our student profile as a reference point. During the Academic Futures recruitment campaign of 2021, we will therefore be offering application consultations to prospective candidates from this under-represented group.
If you identify as a Black or Minority Ethnic candidate and would like to book an application consultation, please fill in this short form Academic Futures Consultation Expression of Interest.
Posting date – Thursday, 27 May 2021.
Closing date – Sunday, 20 June 2021.
Interview date – Week commencing 5 July 2021.
Should you have any queries, please contact the Recruitment Team via email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are UAL
The UAL Creative Computing Institute at the University of the Arts London supports interdisciplinary teaching, research and knowledge exchange at the intersection of creativity and computational technologies. The Institute works across domains such as machine learning and artificial intelligence and explores how the contemporary world is being defined through human computer interaction and social platforms.
UAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive environments for all staff and students to work and learn – a university where we can be ourselves and reach our full potential. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and Staff Support Networks. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, including race, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring responsibility.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early.
This opportunity is closed to applications.